Oggy and the Cockroaches is a comic book series published by American Mythology. Originally slated for release in the summer of 2019, the first comic of the series, simply titled Oggy and the Cockroaches #1, was released on December 11th, 2019.
Each release of the comic is numbered consecutively, with two stories per comic. In addition, each comic is released with three different covers, the main cover, a variant cover, and a limited run cover that is usually priced at $3.99, $4.99, and $9.99 respectively.
- 1 Oggy and the Cockroaches #1
- 2 Oggy and the Cockroaches #2
- 3 Oggy and the Cockroaches #3
- 4 Oggy and the Cockroaches #4
- 5 Oggy and the Cockroaches Volume #1
- 6 Oggy and the Cockroaches: Oggy New Year #1
- 7 Oggy and the Cockroaches Collector Bundle
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Sources
Oggy and the Cockroaches #1
Released: December 11th, 2019
A Bump in the Night
The cockroaches turn Oggy's scary movie night into an actual horror night.
20,000 Cockroaches Under the Sea
Oggy finds a cockroach Atlantis in the depths of his bathtub.
Oggy and the Cockroaches #2
Released: February 12th, 2020
Oggy tries out for a cooking show.
Oggy's trip to the grocery store turns chaotic once the cockroaches arrive.
Oggy and the Cockroaches #3
Released: June 24th, 2020
Oggy encounters a doppelganger thanks to his mirror.
Tick or Treat
The cockroaches vow revenge on Oggy for taking their candy.
Oggy and the Cockroaches #4
Oggy and the Cockroaches Volume #1
Released: December 1st, 2020
This is a trade paperback containing the first three Oggy comics. Alongside Oggy New Year, it was funded through Kickstarter starting on August 10th, 2020, reaching its $500 goal one month later on September 9th, 2020.
Oggy and the Cockroaches: Oggy New Year #1
Released: December 16th, 2020
A separate comic containing two stories, and one short story. As its cover suggests, it was released during the COVID-19 pandemic. Alongside Oggy and the Cockroaches Volume #1, it was funded through Kickstarter starting on August 10th, 2020, reaching its $500 goal one month later on September 9th, 2020. Unlike the last three comics, there is a fourth cover that was exclusively sold during the Kickstarter campaign, which is extremely rare.
Writer's Block Heads
Oggy writes a novel as part of a new years' resolution.
I Dread of Genie
Oggy and the cockroaches find a genie while washing the dishes from his new year's party.
Extra Bad Credit
Oggy writes a new years' letter to his credit card company.
Oggy and the Cockroaches Collector Bundle
Released: February 2021
This bundle is a collection of items specifically made for comic collectors that utilizes items from the Kickstarter campaign. Some of the items include, but not limited to:
- Three copies of Oggy and the Cockroaches #1, using all three covers for each.
- Three copies of Oggy and the Cockroaches #2, using all three covers for each.
- Three copies of Oggy and the Cockroaches #3, using all three covers for each.
- Four copies of Oggy New Year #1, using all four covers, including the cover used in the Kickstarter campaign (which utilizes the main cover for Oggy and the Cockroaches #4) for each.
- One copy of Oggy and the Cockroaches Volume #1
- A extremely limited edition of an uncut trading card sheet promoting the comic series.
- Unlike all other media that features Oggy and the Cockroaches (including the original French comic, which utilized pictographs to explain the characters' actions or describe any object), text is heavily utilized in not just onomatopoeia (sound words) and describing objects, but in dialogue, making it the first time that clear speech (other than a moment in the main series that Oggy clearly said "Wow") is heard in any Oggy media. However, Oggy, nor any other of the main characters, never actually speak and when dialogue is used, it is usually by another character in full text (either actually speaking or by writing) or is spoken through a narrator.
- A possible exception to this is the end of "Oggy New Year #1" where Oggy (told in a third person view to explain a "no roughhousing" policy in his house), the cockroaches, Bob, Jack, and Olivia express their new years' resolutions (entitled Oggy's New Year Roacholutions) in full dialogue. However, it may be written by them in full text.
- As a production of the United States, the comic has minor deviations from the original, mostly based on American culture, such as fully speaking or displaying a large amount of text in English or using dollars instead of euros (as suggested by all green paper bills in Rorrim Rorrim of Oggy and the Cockroaches #3 or Jack's new years' resolution in Oggy New Year #1).