Oggy's defining trait is arguably his laziness, enjoying watching television, eating, and, on a couple of instances, listening to music. As something of a neat freak, he feels compelled to have his residence clean and orderly and periodically performs household tasks. According to online descriptions, he is fond of Ideal Home, game shows, listening to polka records, and eating chips in the bath. In addition, he is mentioned to fantasize about attaining a self-cleaning oven or a 12 gear vacuum on "The Wheel of Fortune". He also displays a love for gardening and board games.
Despite his slothful nature, Oggy is a diplomatic and easy-natured cat. He often displays kindness toward animals and often takes care of them. Indeed, he could not bring himself to kill an octopus in one episode. In spite of appearing to have a calm demeanor, Oggy will retaliate without hesitation when provoked (predominantly by the cockroaches).
Oggy has a blue overweight body, a red jellybean-like nose which can be removable at times, a pink tongue, a grey tummy with a squiggly belly-button, whiskers on three yellow circles, black pointy ears, white gloves, and white feet which has resembled to be shape of a teddy bear.
He also has an oblong shaped tail and whenever his gloves removed, his hands are barely blue.
Jack is Oggy's cousin. Oggy and Jack almost act like life partners to each other. Jack almost always decides to help Oggy when he is in trouble, whether it be the Cockroaches, getting launched to space or getting trapped in the internet. However their relationship isn't perfect. At times, Jack will act more villainous and overall insane, this will always lead to Oggy trying to stop him from going any further.
The new girl next door neighbor. He falls in love with Olivia. in the episode "Olivia", he saved Olivia's life, making Jack and Bob jealous of him. She is a white cat. He is mostly nervous when he is with her, while Olivia doesn't feel nervous about the two liking each other and have feelings for each other. But, after a few episodes in Season 4, he doesn't seem to feel as nervous as before. In "Oggy Is Getting Married!", both Oggy and Olivia are married together. In almost every episode where they appear together, she kisses him on the cheek. Occasionally, they end up kissing each other on the lips.
Oggy holds an intense grudge against Dee Dee, Marky, and Joey, which goes back to even when he was a baby (revealed in the episode "It's a Small World" and "Itsy-Bitsy Oggy). Throughout the course of the series, Oggy has chased the insect trio innumerable times. While he has lost and fell victim to the cockroaches in quite a few episodes, he can reign victorious and defeats them (especially in later seasons). Occasionally, however, Oggy is forced to work together with them, especially when Jack is played out as the antagonist, like in: "The Dictator", "General Jack", "Life's a Beach", and "Oggy's Beach Club". Oggy will sometimes have sympathy towards the Cockroaches. In "Oggy and the Babies" and "Oggy and the Kittens" he pleads to Jack to spare their lives and in "Lost in Space", "Space Journey" he decides to rescue the Cockroaches from suffocating in space despite being a constant nuisance to him. In short, Oggy has a peculiar love/hate relationship with the cockroaches. In fact, he has also learnt that without them, his life would be very boring, this is proved in episode So Lonely and Alone at Last, where he gets rid of the roaches, but later he regret for them and realizes that his life isn't the same without them.
Oggy and Joey are usually enemies. At times however, they form a villainous friendship when they both end up in trouble. Episodes like "Virtual Voyage", "Cyber-Oggy", "Mission to Earth", "Welcome to Mars" and "Journey to the Center of the Earth" show them having to work together to save each other. In "Ugly, Dirty and Good" when Joey regresses back into a child, Oggy takes him under his care and is genuinely distraught when they go back to being enemies after finally he recovers. Glimmers of their positive relationship still stands however, in "For Real!" they hug after turning back into their real selves and in "Inspector Dee Dee", he is more than happy to give back Oggy's swatter after it was stolen by an octopus. Oggy and Joey's relationship is the most prominentley shown aswell as the most positive one out of the 3 Cockroaches.
The next door neighbor with anger management issues. He is an enemy of Oggy in many episodes. Everytime Oggy destroys something that Bob owns he is almost always gets beaten/punched/kicked by Bob. However, on occasion, Bob will treat Oggy more like a friend. In "To Serve and Protect" Bob acts more friendly and even has respect to Oggy once he thinks that he'd make a good police officer. In "Steamed Out!" Bob actively wants to hang out with Oggy and Jack and tries to help them lose weight.
Monica is the twin sister of Oggy. They have a relatively nice relationship.
The former love interest who only appeared in two episodes (Jealousy and The Joker Joked). She and Oggy used to date, however in "Jealousy" she falls in love with Marky, this causes Oggy to become jealous and eventually kicks her out of his house after cheating on him.
Oggy is constantly victim to the roaches and through them, also prey to Bob the dog. As for Jack's "save the day" strategies, they generally turn against Oggy. Oggy is a clean freak and his house has to be spick and span. Roaches in his clean, neat home are the signs of a life's failure. These horrible, filthy, little vermin are always making him go against his nature, which is relaxed, lazy. All he wants to do is watch his pathetic TV shows, sprawled in his pink bean bag chair...
Oggy is a big blue easy-going Tom… well, that's how he'd describe himself. A sensitive cat with a kind heart: a "good guy". Only one thing this cat is after: a quiet snooze, curled up on his pink cushion in front of his favourite mind-numbing TV programs. He adores game shows, fantasising about the day he'll win a self-cleaning oven, or 12 gear vacuum cleaner on "The Wheel of Fortune"… Oggy, an Ideal Home fan, is a natty housekeeper.
Disney Channel Asia
Protagonist of the show. He usually spends his time either watching TV or doing housework - when not chasing roaches. Despite the constant mayhem caused by the cockroaches, Oggy has developed a sort of love-hate relationship with them. Without the cockroaches, nothing fun or interesting ever happens in his life.
K2/Frisbee Italian Channel
Oggy is a lazy cat who loves the simple life, but with three prankster cockroaches as roommates, his life is anything but simple. When he’s not cleaning up after Joey, Marky and Dee Dee, Oggy can usually be found crushing on his neighbor, Olivia!
- As confirmed by Marc du Pontavice, Oggy is named after punk rock musician Iggy Pop (who also did the Space Goofs theme song, "Monster Men") and the rock album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
- His phone number is revealed to be 3333-6666.
- The car Oggy drives is an orange Volkswagen Beetle, as seen as A Jealous Guy. His neighbor, Bob, also owns a similar Volkswagen Beetle with the same color.
- As confirmed through a YouTube Video , Oggy's age as of 2018 is 20 years old (which corresponds to the amount of years since the show initially aired in 1997/1998).
- The only coherent sounds Oggy has ever said are "Wow" or "Ahem".
- Out of all the characters, Oggy is the most abused and consistently injured character of the show's run.
- His Space Goofs counterpart is Candy because both are being keeping the house neat and tidy and not liking any disturbance or mess.
- In the first three seasons, Oggy was a busy, cleaning and indoors cat. However, as of Season 4, he became more of a fun time and outdoors cat.
- He commonly wields a red flyswatter, which he uses to swat the cockroaches.
- His car's licence plate in V.I.P Party and Just Married! suggests that his name is (mistakenly) Bob in both the original and the remake versions.
- In several episodes, Oggy has been shown to have five prime phobias: hydrophobia, murophobia, trypanophobia, acrophobia and aviophobia.
- He can get fooled easily by the cockroaches.
- Oggy will get seasick if he goes on a wooden ship, as shown in Oggy on the Nile.
- Oggy owns an orange 1960-1970 Volkswagen Beetle that is mostly used in Season 4 but it can be seen in some episodes of Season 3. The car was originally Bob's. But apparently Bob owns a different car as seen in Grease-Monkey Oggy and To Serve and Protect.
- He is seen on other vehicles such as a Vespa Scooter in Hit the Road Oggy!, Saturday Black Fever, The Joker Joked, Control Freak and Abracadabra, The Challenge, The Black Gold Rush, Oggy's Vacations. and a 1960 looking coupe seen in The Hiccup and Hiccup Treatment.
- Also he owns a 2004 Toyota Hiace Purple with a front end of a Hyundai Starex which was seen in episodes The Pumpkin that Pretended to be a Ferrari and At The Stroke of Midnight.